Wed, 31 Dec 2008
I'm pleased to announce version 3.0 of the liveusb-creator. Aside from the usual batch of bug fixes and code improvements, this release also contains a variety of enhancements:
- Fedora 10 support
- Add a touch of Sugar to your USB key with the Sugar Spin 0.82-2!
- Ability to create OLPC-bootable live USB sticks or SD cards with the new `--xo` option
- Translations! (Thanks to the incredible Transifex)
- Greek translation (Nikos Charonitakis)
- Slovak translation (Ondrej Sulek)
- Catalan translation (Xavier Conde)
- French translation (PabloMartin-Gomez)
- Serbian (Milos Komarcevic)
- Chinese (sainrysec)
- Brazilian Portuguese translation (Igor Pires Soares)
- Spanish translation (Domingo Becker)
- Malay translation (Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan)
- German Translation (Marcus Nitzschke, Fabian Affolter)
- Polish translation (Piotr Drąg)
- Portuguese translation (Valter Fukuoka)
- Czech translation (Adam Pribyl)
For Fedora 9 and 10 users, you can currently find the liveusb-creator-3.0 in the updates-testing repository. Feedback is appreciated!
There are still many more great features in the pipeline, so stay tuned!
Posted by Pieter at Thu Jan 1 16:56:51 2009
Happy New Year! I just installed liveusb-creator version 3.0-4fc10 on a laptop with F10 x86_64 and had a look. Under "Download Fedora" it says "Fedora 10 Beta <arch>". Shouldn't the "Beta" part be removed now that F10 is released?
Posted by Luke at Fri Jan 2 18:52:37 2009
Thanks for the heads up Pieter. Sounds like an old source tarball was being used in the latest rpm. I went ahead an pushed out liveusb-creator-3.1 into bodhi, which should hopefully resolve this issue.